Changing my house number display has been on my "To Do" list forever and I wanted something that would be easy to spot from the street. On our recent weekend getaway we stopped by my favorite
junkyard outdoor vintage shop where as part of a $10.00 haul I got these three galvanized buckets.
First I traced a circle onto them and painted it using Annie Sloan Paris Gray chalk paint.
The numbers were printed out on the computer, cut out and traced around then filled in with black acrylic paint.
There are lots of ways to do these dots but it just so happened that I had the perfect size circle rubber stamp. I used black StazOn ink to stamp them on the bucket.
Afterward, I coated the entire bucket with two coats of polyurethane. No need to add drainage holes . . . they came with their own, compliments of the rust!
I potted three Sweet Woodruff plants in them (Sweet Woodruff is a perennial that needs total shade and this is provided by our giant maple tree!) and bought a solar-powered spotlight from Home Depot. Here they are lit up last night!
Now I'm off to begin working on the other
junk treasures I scored on that trip!