Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Easy Ribbon Jar Ring Ornaments

In keeping with trying to not spend a lot for decorations this year, I took a cue from Laurel over at Chipping With Charm and her Twine Wreath Ornaments.  Hers are so cute and rustic . . .
  Believe it or not, I didn't have much twine but I did have a lot of ribbon, including some vintage seam tape so I used those to wrap the rims.  I like how the flat ribbon created this 'indentation' on the wreath.
 I also have a bag of these tiny, tiny "pine cones".  I'm not sure what they really are but they grow on small trees around here and I collected a bunch in the fall.
 After wrapping a few with different ribbons, I added some of these pinecones and pearls on one . . .

 To another, I just added a 'spray' of the pinecones . . .
 and a book page banner and vintage key to another
 I like how these turned out and will probably be making more to use up more scraps of ribbon, etc.
Linking to these parties this week . . .
The DIY Showoff   http://diyshowoff.com/
Marvelous Mondays http://www.jamscorner.com/
From My Front Porch to Yours http://frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.com/
Under the Table and Dreaming http://www.bystephanielynn.com/

 

8 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are just beautiful .. YOU do a wonderful job girl. I LOVE all your things........so much .. I just love your blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Don't you love being able to use what you already have? Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. I love tiny pine cones. We have Hemlocks on our property in NC and I love picking up the tiniest pinecones! Sweet holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl .... I mentioned you on my blog today .. CHECK it out and tell me what you think .. YOUR always a blessing... Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute...I especially love the one with the sheet music and the key...clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren your ornaments are so clever and so pretty!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Lauren! I love this idea and yours are adorable! Sorry to hear that you were sick as well! Wishing you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!